Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks. These cyber attacks are usually aimed at accessing, changing, or destroying sensitive information; extorting money from users; or interrupting normal business processes.
Implementing effective cybersecurity measures is particularly challenging and costly today because there are more devices than people, and attackers are becoming more innovative.
The total cost of data breaches is expected to increase nearly 70 percent over the next five years, from $3 trillion in 2019 to more than $5 trillion in 2024, according to a recent Juniper Research report. Given the rising damages along with cyber-criminal's continually evolving tactics, it’s more critical than ever for organizations to not only protect against current threats but also understand and protect against evolving threats and tactics. Below are the top four security predictions that researchers and other executives at cybersecurity firm Webroot believe businesses should be aware of moving into 2020.
Our main goal is to reduce the costs of cybersecurity defense and improve, harden, and promote the cybersecurity space of a country by running an affordable,smart,innovative startup.
We intend to establish a Government-affiliated or private organization consisting of a team of domestic and foreign cybersecurity specialists (with the approval and cooperation of the country Government) through which will forecast the impacts of potential cyber breaches and risks and improve infrastructure for cybersecurity on all websites of the country. We will work to review existing security measures, identify weaknesses and arm them with the knowledge they need to make essential decisions & solutions about how best to manage their Cyber Security Defense.
The Functionality, Benefits, and Performance of our plan
1. By running this startup and by the rules of the ministry each company that works in Japan can take action in this bug bounty. ( This way the government can have an updated statistical of the cybersecurity situation of the country cyberspace and have overall management and oversight of the cyberspace of the country)
2. Lowering the cost of implementing cybersecurity standards. The budget of running the bounty will be fit to that company depending on the budget that the company can pay for running a pen-test. This way there is no need for the government money injection to the projects. supplemental budget support from the government would be used for helping poor companies to repair the vulnerabilities and cybersecurity problems.
3. By running this startup we can get the help of all cybersecurity professionals and hackers from all over the country and the world to find security problems of the websites running in Japan or any country.
4. Because these bounty programs will interact, real-world hackers, we can upgrade our knowledge of cybersecurity for our future use
5. By forcing all companies' participation in the program we can be assured that we are the first country in the world that has tested its whole cyberspace. we can find out our statistical weaknesses in implementing cybersecurity for all country cyberspace without expending much time and costs.
6. We can forecast future attacks and improve our cybersecurity in a real-world attack scenario.
7. We can upgrade and update the cybersecurity knowledge of our domestic educated people in this era and it leads to exporting knowledge abroad and job creation. Promoting the quality of domestic cybersecurity professionals for the future of cyber warfare.